I’ve been consciously working with the energies of the Moon for over a year now and find it incredibly empowering and supportive.
I’ve had a number of requests to share my New Moon Ritual from people who have loved and found great benefit from the Full Moon Letting Go Ritual
What’s so special about the Moon?
The moon, being the closest astronomical body to Earth, has a profound effect on us. It represents the feminine, emotional, creative and nurturing aspects of our lives.
One complete cycle of the moon takes exactly 28 days to complete, radiating her energy to us in cycles of waxing and waning, bringing in and releasing, ebbing and flowing.
Many cultures and people believe in following the cycles of the moon, working with this wonderful gift of nature, harnessing the different energetic influences at each of the stages.
The Cycles of the Moon:
- New Moon: A new cycle. An energy of new possibilities. Time to set your intentions for what you want to bring into your life.
- Waxing Moon: New growth, continued action, results will come about.
- Full Moon: High tide of power, amplifying and creative. It is a time to release and let go of that which no longer serves you, what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
- Waning Moon: Withdrawing, a sucking and pulling impact.
- Dark Moon: A time to go within. Solitude. A powerful psychic time where revelations from deep within can emerge. It’s important to make space for the unfolding of spirit at this time in preparation for the new cycle and beginning.
The New Moon marks the beginning of the cycle and the Full Moon is the release.
My New Moon Ritual
My friend Connie and I have been doing a New Moon Ritual each new moon for nearly a year now – we love it and find it incredibly powerful and supportive.
Each New Moon (or around the time of the new moon), Connie and I meet up to celebrate and say goodbye to the past lunar cycle and welcome the new lunar cycle and the fresh new energy that comes with it.
It’s a time where we set our intentions for the next 28 days.
- We usually journal and reflect on the past cycle before we meet up. As well as research the energy of the upcoming lunar cycle.
- Then when together, we share with each other our learnings and experiences over a cup of herbal tea/green juice and some raw chocolates. It’s our chance to celebrate what has happened before moving onto a new cycle.
- We then discuss a broad intention for the new cycle, what we’d like to each focus on or feel within ourselves, taking into account the current astrological energies and how they can support our intentions.
- Then it’s time for our Oracle Card reading, where we dive deeper into our intention.
- We spread out all of our oracle decks on the floor (between us we have quite a collection!)
- We use a template from my Oracle Card Guide, each of us taking turns to pull 5 cards (based on the 5 lunar stages listed above) and placing them in a lunar cycle on the floor.
- We then share our intuitive feelings and insights, discussing the energy of each card, coaching each other to harness the positive energy of our reading.
- We take notes and a photo of our cards and use these throughout the lunar cycle to check in with how we’re going in relation to the card for each part of that cycle.
- Throughout the cycle we’ll drop a short email or text: “How are you tracking?” – it’s nice to be open and share experiences, having someone to talk through the positive and challenging times. Connie and I are both going through massive transformation and have found this process very supportive. The ebb and flow of the moon, reflecting the ebb and flow of our internal and external movements and feelings.
Here’s a snapshot of me jotting down notes from our new moon reading today:
Your New Moon Ritual – Intention Setting
I encourage you to build a ritual that works for you. The main idea behind a New Moon Ritual is that it’s a chance for a fresh start, one where you can use the supportive lunar energy to set a fresh intention.
You can do it on your own but I highly recommend doing it with a friend. Sharing with someone else is very transformative. It pushes you to explore things from a different perspective (and often things that you tend to hide from make themselves known through the voice of another). There’s something to be said in sharing for accountability too, totally amps up the power!
- Journal and reflect what has happened this past month: what have you learned, what have been your challenges, what has worked. Treat yourself to a nice drink, chocolate, candle – something to signal that you’re celebrating the past cycle.
- Then tune in to what you would like to focus on for the month ahead. How do you want to feel? Feel this in your body and then be open to how this feeling transpires. The feeling is important. You’re not saying how things are going to happen, you’re experiencing it as if its already happened – which then attracts things to you, without you having to push and control. Lunar energy is all about receiving.
- If you’d like to dive deeper into your intention, do an oracle card reading. Here’s a copy of the lunar reading from my Oracle Guide that I use. (If you wish to learn more about oracle cards, you can buy the full oracle guide here).
With the new moon reading, pull 5 oracle cards. Note, that card 4 is the card that Connie and I like to call our ‘warning’ card. Its the guidance that we need to keep in mind, something in our lives to be wary of, a gentle nudge from the Universe.
- Then throughout the next 28 days, tune in continuously to your intention. If your intention was to feel more confident, are you feeling the energy of confidence in your body? What are you doing/stopping doing to feel that way? What people and circumstances are coming into your life to help you with that? What challenges are you encountering? Where are you holding yourself back? What guidance did you receive from the oracle cards? What is the card from the current lunar stage you are in guiding you on? How is this helping you fully embody your intention?
- Share with a friend. Journal. Reflect. Set a reminder on your phone to tune in every few days. How are you tracking?
The moon’s energy is a very feminine energy. Intuitive. Receiving. Gentle. Guided Action.
Not brute force. Not pushing. Not control.
It’s all about feeling, feeling in your body, getting out of your head.
There will be ebb and flow. Action and resting. Being and doing.
Create your own special ritual, to start fresh each lunar cycle and explore your inner self. You’ll be amazed what you discover.
There are a lot of endings and new beginnings stirring in the air.
I drew a Tarot card on Monday morning as a focus for the week and out popped the ‘Death’ card. I tend to welcome this card, not as a bad omen, but as an opportunity for things to end in order to welcome new beginnings. I also had a dream about fire the night before so I knew that things were being burned away – cleansed and purified.
This was a good sign.
So what’s dying? Ending? On its way out for me?
The searching is dying. The pain and struggle is ending. Not trusting is leaving. Overconsumption is stopping. Searching externally is being toned down – a lot! Locking myself away to stay safe is ceasing. The need to have things all proper and lined up is finishing. The sole focus on healing is ending – I am whole and complete.
I’ve been keeping myself reserved based on fear of what other people think. I’ve shut myself away to shed skins and allowed myself to be vulnerable, energetically naked.
Now…it’s time to let myself out. To let go energetically in order for my external environment to shift with me. To try new things. Mess up if that’s what’s needed to at least try. To not be the boring dependable one. To be the lighthearted and free one.
I’m free. To be me. Not a version of what I think other people want me to be or what I feel I have to be to fit in.
“Be Me and Be Free” is my mantra.
- The BE ME image was designed for me by the lovely Jo Kilma (Maps to Herself). Her work is stunning! If you would like a copy of BE ME for yourself, you can download it here.
- The BE FREE Oracle Card is from the gorgeous deck by Helen Jacobs (The Little Sage). I love that the woman in the image is wearing red (grounding) and is climbing up, to a higher perspective – a nice balance.
Dr Wayne W Dyer, in his book Wishes Fulfilled, states:
“You must be willing to die as your FORMER self in order to meet your FULLER self.”
I interpret this as:
- You must be willing to let go of the person you think you are, what you’ve been conditioned to be, in order to embrace the person you were born to be.
- You must be willing to lose old behaviours that keep you safe.
- You must be willing to lose the conditioning that is keeping you small.
- You must be willing to overcome the barriers and confines placed around you, that either you have placed or other people are placing around you, that keep you as a lessor version of yourself. That keep you in the ‘normal’ and confined safety zone.
- You must be willing to let the old go, in order to be a higher version of yourself. To embody your Highest Self.
- You must be willing to stand out rather than fit in.
Be willing to EXPLORE rather than RESIST your higher powers.
Imagine who you could be, if you were free to explore what lights you up?
- What confines (rules, roles and expectations) have I placed upon myself?
- What confines (rules, roles and expectations) have I accepted from others?
- Do these confines serve me?
- Or do they limit me and my progress?
- How can I be free of these trappings?
- With freedom, what would I do?
Say goodbye to what’s not working, to what’s holding you back.
Say goodbye to the old you. The you that hinges yourself on things that aren’t your truth.
Be You and Be Free.
- In pain?
- Feeling tense, rigid, stiff, inflexible or locked up in your body?
- Stuck and unable to move forward?
I have a painful shoulder at the moment which indicates an imbalance in my body – which in turn is playing out in other areas of my life where I am stuck and clinging on.
I explained in this post how this ‘rigidity’ is an indicator of resistance.
I’ve been trying to ‘think’ my way out of the imbalance which hasn’t worked so I asked my Guides for some help. This is the message they gave me:
Holding on is serving nothing, other than keeping you safe and small.
Why hold on? Why hold back? Why limit yourself?
The power is in the energy, not the thought process behind it. You can analyse all you want, look for meaning but in reality you are still rigid and stuck. Fighting against the flow rather than accepting the flow.
If you were to accept the flow, and by accept we mean no overthinking but setting an intention for energy to flow freely, you would free yourself of the burden of trying to work out why. The why is irrelevant as such, not the power. The power is in the energy and light, not in the darkness.
So breathe now into the rigidity and pain. Breathe in the intention to flow, in ease. Allow the energy to do the work. That’s all you need to focus on, the intention for the energy to work in your favour, for flow.
And then allow the resistance, the rigidity to fall away. There’s nothing to fight, nothing to control, nothing to grip onto so tightly.
The power is in the energy. Intend for it to flow and then allow.
Receive. Take guided action. Look around you for new opportunities.
It’s in clinging to the old that the rigidity is flourishing. Yes the pain is getting stronger because you want it to, to hold you back. This is why you need to allow the energy.
There is no point in asking and then not receiving the help that is offered freely.
Trust. Believe. Have faith in the healing power, have faith in a higher power than your ego mind.
There is nothing to push.
Intend. Allow. Receive. Believe.
Then witness in amazement how things shift, very easily. Your ego will fight you, ask it to take a seat to the side while you explore and feel the energy doing it’s part.
Remember there is nothing to do, just be.
Intend. Allow. Receive. Believe. Be.
There is great healing power in the above channelled wisdom, just from reading it.
However, I would like to offer you the opportunity to dive deeper into this healing.
*Energy Healing: To let go*
I have created a healing space for you in the square below, a Green Calcite Crystalline matrix. Green Calcite is a beautiful healing and supportive crystal for helping you let go.
Energy Healing Instructions:
- Set the intention to let go (you can focus on something specific or a general releasing – the energy will go to where it is needed.).
- Imagine stepping into this square.
- Ask to connect to the crystalline matrix. (This will automatically form an energy Octahedron where you are connected to a point above your head and below your feet. White light will flow down from the Universe into your matrix, through you, out the bottom of the matrix connecting you to the core of the earth. At the same time, a rich red light will flow up from the core of Mother Earth, into the matrix, up through your body and out the top of the matrix into the Universe).
- Follow the guided advice from above: all you need to do is breathe. Take deep belly breaths where your stomach pushes out when you breathe in. Feel the energy move through your body.
- Breathe in the intention to release, in ease. To flow, in ease. Allow the energy to do its work. Receive.
- When you feel like you have finished, ask to disconnect from the healing grid.
- Thank your angels and guides for supporting you through this process.
- And then go about your day. You don’t need to do anything, just be.
- If in doubt, reread the channelled passage again. Ask your ego to take a seat to the side. Look out for opportunities. Witness how things shift.
Enjoy and allow the energy to do the work.
Crystal: Green Calcite
Personally, this process has revealed clarity around something I’ve been searching for a very long time for – and best thing about it, it just happened.
I’d love to hear how you go with this, please feel free to share in the comments below.
Or if you’d like to balance the receiving of energy, GIVE. Share this post with someone in need of a little boost or healing, someone who needs a little hope and clarity, some relief from pain.
Love and light in letting go.
26th Apr 2015
Things were going well, really well. I’d found the clarity I was searching for, I jumped back on the blog with gusto, received a lot of love and support. It all fell into place really easily. I felt joy for a short space of time…..and then came the…
14th Apr 2015
I wrote the below words in my journal this morning. On reading back I realised I’d written “we” instead of my usual conversation to myself using “I“. So I thought I’d share. You know, just in case you’re one of the “we“….. Why do we have…
12th Apr 2015
Have your dreams been vivid lately? And perhaps your energy really low? My dreams have been extremely vivid recently and I’m waking up feeling very sluggish. I believe I’m doing a lot of ‘spiritual work’ while I’m sleeping – my energy is shifting and my body is trying…
9th Apr 2015
Déjà vu. I’ve been here before. Opening up, coming out. In 2012, it was starting this blog, coming out of the closet. Now in 2015, it’s coming out of a healing cocoon. And I’ve got to say, I’m even more nervous now than when I first pressed publish…