This blog is based on my journey so I feel I should share with you a huge part of my life at the moment – my studies of Energetic Healing. With my end date of my 18 month diploma fast approaching (start of July), I’m now putting into practice what I’ve been learning over this past 16 months. I’d like to explain what it is I actually do as a healer who works with energy and how it can help you heal and move forward in your own life.
My personal experiences of being a receiver of energy healing have been life changing. I share this with you in the hope it will inspire you to give it a try too.
I guess the sensible place to start to explain things is to start with energy.
What is Energy?
Energy is all there is. Even matter, as Einstein’s formula shows, is congealed energy. Energy exists as light, heat, sound, mass, moving objects, gravity, fuel, chemicals and electricity. Energy is everywhere. It is all around us. It is the most basic building block of life. Energy flows through everything and creates everything.
We as humans are a latticework of energies:
1. Every cell in the body stores and emits electricity. Every breath we take, every muscle we move and every bite of food we digest involves electrical activity. Our memories, feelings, emotions and thoughts are also patterns of tiny electrical impulses.
2. Our body has electromagnetic energies. The body’s energy systems all emit electromagnetic energy light, these systems include the:
- Meridians – the body’s energy pathways
- Chakras – the body’s energy centres
- Aura – the body’s energy atmosphere
3. Subtle energies, energies we know of because of their effects but we’re unable to measure them. There is no definition for these energies because we cannot measure them but many healers know how to engage them to restore health, harmony and vitality.
What is Energetic Healing?
Energetic Healing is a branch of complementary and alternative medicine. It’s an umbrella term used for any therapy that works with the energy circuits in our physical or subtle bodies to regain balance and help our body’s innate healing mechanisms.
To explain this without the jargon – when we are healthy we are ‘at ease’. Disease (dis – ease) is the result of the body and its energy systems being out of balance. The body knows how to heal itself and with energetic healing we can work with the body’s energy into healing itself.
“Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie” ~ William Shakespeare
Examples of Energetic Healing therapies:
Reiki, relexology, kinesiology, acupuncture, aura balancing, chakra balancing, flower and vibrational essences, crystal healing, colour therapy and spiritual healing.
These are all methods that go beyond the physical and work with the subtle energy system of the body (the subtle energies are the energies we can sense but not measure). For example:
- Acupuncture works by clearing blocks in the energy pathways (meridians) of the body.
- Reiki channels universal energy (a form of energy that comes from our belief system e.g. mother nature, solar energy, the energy that created life and the Universe).
- Kinesiology works to balance the body’s energy by tapping into it’s energy flows and where its blocked.
What Energetic Healing can help with
- Energetic healing helps the healing process by clearing blocks in energy fields. For example, each of these four things can be stored in our energy field and energy healing works to clear these: trauma, stress, false beliefs, physical distress.
- Energetic healing can also help identify issues before they manifest as disease (dis-ease) in the body. It brings to our awareness the areas we need to work through and heal in order to bring balance in our lives and maintain health and vitality.
- Energy Healing repairs and rebalances our energy so that the body functions at its optimum. Our energies are a very delicate balance and we become sick or perhaps don’t feel 100% when our energy flows are disturbed or blocked. Energy imbalances can result from both internal and external factors:
- Internal: trauma, phobias, anxiety, stress, childhood programming, limiting beliefs, neurological/biochemical/structural imbalances, fears, nutrition, exercise, posture, remaining in situations that are not fulfilling or in harmony with our needs.
- External: Environmental stresses, toxins, geopathic phenomena, astrological phenomena.
Me as the patient: My personal experience with energetic healing
I’ve been having energetic healing sessions for two and a half years. It first started with acupuncture to help heal my chronic sinusitis (conventional medicine wasn’t helping so I was desperately willing to try anything). Then Kinesiology, working with my body’s intelligence to let me know what blocks were holding me back. I’ve also worked a lot with chakra balancing, crystal therapy and vibrational essences. My main form of energetic healing that I now use as well as Kinesiology and acupuncture is a spiritual form of energy healing where I work with angels.
Energetic healing has been able to help me heal a chronic illness, has helped me with back pain, headaches, low energy, stomach problems. It has helped heal deep emotional wounds such as anger, jealousy and grief as well as help heal painful childhood memories. It has helped me with stress and anxiety. It has helped rebuild my hormonal system when coming off the pill (it took me a year to get back to a normal hormonal function because the pill literally drained me of energy, vitamins, minerals and happiness). It has helped with relationship issues with people in my life. It has also helped set me on a path to find my life purpose and is helping me grow personally and spiritually. It has helped remove blocks that have been holding me back.
It keeps me functioning at a more optimum level. I’m much happier, freer and lighter.
There’s nothing really physically wrong with me at the moment but I still keep my regular acupuncture, kinesiology and spiritual healing sessions because they help me so much. It’s amazing what our bodies can tell us when we take the time to listen and I truly believe that by investing in these sessions each month my body rewards me with good health and a happy life.
Plus, it’s nice to just lay back on a table and have someone work on me rather than having to take medication or go to the doctors. The energy healing treatments really are a treat.
Me as a healer: What I do
My training over this past 16 months has enabled me to gather a wide variety of energy healing tools. I mainly work intuitively, I work with my angels and guides, they direct me either to channel energy through my hands or help me work out what the problem is and the best course of action (sometimes its as simple as encouraging an attitude change or advising someone to take regular breaks from a computer).
I believe balanced chakras (the body’s energy centres) are very important for optimum body function as well as living a harmonius life so I like to work on the chakras. I also use Reiki to channel energy and crystal therapy as well as numerous other healing methods depending on what is needed and what I’m guided to use.
Can Energetic Healing help you?
An energetic healing is a wonderful way to connect with your body. If you are ill, stressed, have physical or emotional stuff that won’t go away or are just curious, I urge you to give it a try. It’s a non evasive way to help your body heal and resolve issues many in your life. Also if you feel stuck and are looking for direction in life, a healing can help facilitate moving forward and dissolve blocks and fears.
Would you like to work with me?
If you live in Sydney and are curious about trying energy healing, a wonderful opportunity is coming up that you might be interested in – my student clinic at college is starting in June. This special clinic is the final part of my diploma and I will be doing healing sessions each Saturday morning for six weeks.
If you’re new to energy healing this would be a great (and very cheap) way to try it. If you’re not a newbie but would like to indulge yourself in some healing (and also meet me!) then this is a fab opportunity to treat yourself. It’s great value for money.
Click here to find out more and for all the details on how to book. If you have any questions drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m very excited about the clinic and I look forward to meeting you and helping you.
I hope this post has clarified what Energy Healing is and I really hope it has inspired you to give it a try – I can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s life changing!
I’d love to hear in the comments section below if energy healing has helped you. It might help other readers make the leap into giving it a try too. Thank you.
Image: SE Hamlin