I’ve set myself a 28 day challenge to get clear in mind, body and spirit.
This past 6 months have been a rollercoaster of a ride and have stirred up a lot of crap, I’ve had to retreat to survive.
The end of last week I noticed a significant change in my entire being. I was on a high and have been ever since. I’m feeling pretty good about life.
Something shifted in me at the end of June. I don’t know if the culmination of all the difficult inner work and healing I’ve been doing, or whether it’s a change in planetary alignments, or whether it’s a combination of several things but I feel I’m out the other side of months of processing and retreat.
I can only describe it as fog lifting, energy rising and a sense of peace. I feel like I’ve done the hard ground work, I’ve dug everything up. Next stage is to clear everything away and prepare for the next stage of my journey.
To clear away the gunk and get shiny fresh and new, I’ve decided to embark on a 28 day cleanse of mind, body and spirit. This decision basically landed on my lap on Saturday when a friend gave me a loan of a book by Denise Linn “Unlock the secret messages of your body”.
This book is a 28 day health and vitality program. On reading the preparation work, I immediately knew that this was what I needed to do. I got so excited I spent 3 hours in a cafe on Sunday mapping out my intentions (if you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my set up in the cafe, I had great time with my organic juice, multiple herbal teas and journal).
I decided to clear not only my body but also my mind and spirit so I’ve tweaked the exercises in the book slightly to help with my intention.
Here’s what I’m doing:
My mind has led me completely astray recently, I’ve let it run riot. All the spiritual processing and digging deep has enabled my ego to dance around in glee. I feel mentally tired, unclear about the next stages for me after my diploma has finished, my head hurts, my brain is exhausted. Now is the perfect opportunity to put an end to all of that.
To help clear my mind over the 28 days, I aim to:
- Really focus on mindfulness – enjoy the present moment, practice mindful eating and really amp up my mindful listening (I love that feeling of being right in the moment, its so very precious).
- Up my meditation practice. I’d like to extend my time and frequency. I aim to meditate at least once per day, anything more is a bonus.
- Spend more time focusing on my breathing. I’ve spoken about breathing here, I find it very useful in getting the energy moving around my body and clearing my head.
- Journal daily – get it all out on paper and then burn it, releasing the trapped energy.
- Have a counselling session to review where I’m at and talk through what arises.
- Declutter my physical surroundings, hording stuff is holding me back. I want more space and free flowing energy.
- Get to bed earlier, more time to rest and recover.
- Work with crystals to help clear the mental blockages: Clear quartz, Ameythst.
- Use essences to clear the cobwebs – Vetiver works wonders on clearing my mind.
- Treat myself to a Kinesiology session to check if any limiting beliefs are still holding me back.
I’ll admit I’ve let myself go a little. During these past few months all I’ve wanted to do is curl up in my cosy lounge gear and relax. It’s what I needed to do to survive and conserve my energy. My regular exercise routine got left to the wayside, my diet hasn’t been as healthy as what I normally do (the odd glass of red wine and daily squares of dark chocolate have added up). I feel dull, my skin has broken out. It’s time to get back into it. I now have the energy to do this and I’m excited to get sparkly and fresh.
During these 28 days, to clear my body, I plan to:
- Do a cleanse for 7-10 days to strip my body of the gunk (I’ve spoken about the cleanse I do here). Or you might want to try this one.
- Cut out sugar and alcohol.
- Dry body brush before every shower to help remove the toxins.
- Exercise at least 30 mins per day, even if it’s just a walk.
- Balance my chakras daily (I’ve been doing this so I plan to continue and amp it up).
- Have an energy healing session to help clear the debris from my energy field.
- Have a massage to help my circulation (and as a treat for my hard work).
- Amp up my beauty routine – homemade facials and hair masks to help my skin and hair shine.
This past 6 months has been way too serious for me. My playful soul is crying out for some fun. In my mission to learn about the Universe and help others, I haven’t left much time for play. My spirit hasn’t been enjoying this earthly experience and I’ve found that I’ve been resenting my incarnation in this body. Shame on me – it’s a privilege to be on earth at this special time in our evolution and it’s time for me to value and cherish this instead of wasting it away.
The aim for the next 28 days (and beyond) is to feed my soul with the things I’ve been longing for but haven’t been allowing myself to enjoy:
- Get out more in nature more, sit with trees and at the ocean.
- Laugh, play, giggle.
- Go on a retreat after my course, a chance to celebrate my 18 months of hard work and a chance to recalibrate and unwind.
- Spend more time with my partner and friends, venture out and engage with life again.
- Get creative (weirdly a pottery class is calling me!).
I look forward to seeing where this journey takes me over the next 28 days. I’m at Day 3 and I’ve learnt quite a lot so far about what’s been holding me back. I’m excited to let go of all the gunk that’s been keeping me down. I’ve no doubt that the journey isn’t going to be easy but then change rarely is.
How about you?
Do you feel called to give yourself a spring clean? To clear away the cobwebs? To get fit mentally, physically, energetically, spiritually?
I encourage you to listen to the whispers of your body and take action. It might be a cleansing program or a small change. Perhaps you could give up alcohol or sugar, maybe start a particular type of meditation, a study program, a new exercise regime, some sort of creative venture, something that you’ve longed to do but have kept putting it off?
I wonder what will happen when you give whatever you feel called to try a go ….. if anything, at least you’ll feel good about yourself and your confidence will increase. Its when you’re in this blissful state that wonderful opportunities find you.